I expect this to come to naught, but . . .
Following on the premise by this comment from Kimbo, and the few comments afterwards expressing an interest in a top ten list of posts on this blog, I suggest the following:
1) That I have no vote whatsoever.
2) That the number of page views of a given post are irrelevant.
3) That anyone may propose up to ten posts for candidature. There is no minimum.
4) That for any post to be considered, that post MUST be seconded. It is sufficient enough for an individual to second someone else's title, without needing to express a recommendation of their own.
5) That following a period of, say, two weeks, over which time I will promote this post, we will collect a list of posts that have been proposed and seconded.
There is a limit to how many possible answers I can add to a poll, though I don't know what that number is. More than ten, surely. I will collect those proposals with the most seconds and create a poll, which can then be voted upon again.
I will then take the ten highest posts and make it permanent on the sidebar.
I consider this to be self-promoting and awful. But since it was not my idea, I'm prepared to see what happens. I expect about 33 people to make proposals, since that is usually the total number of voters I get in a typical poll.
Thank you for anyone who contributes and let me say I appreciate all the readers who have supported this blog.