I'm sorry, but there will be no podcast today.
The reader may remember last week that I edited a podcast for last week, only to find that the export file was corrupted. I said at that time that I would have a podcast ready for today, probably loaded last night.
This last week, I found out why the file was corrupted.
The editing program I was using, Videopad, was licensed to my old computer, the one I replaced with reader support this last December. Unfortunately, when I tried to transfer the program's licence to my new computer, I found the license had expired. I could still use it on the old computer, but unless I wanted to re-license the program for a fee, I couldn't transfer it. The solution seemed to be, then, that I should just use the old computer for that one thing.
This last week, the old computer died. Completely.
Again, work lost. Leading me to think that I need to get out of my old ways and teach myself Audacity. Which I am doing. But ... I'm not familiar with Audacity like I am with Videopad; so it is going more slowly. Editing is a bit like art; and I've been very comfortable using a system that I've cut hundreds of hours of video on. I've just had a few days with Audacity.
So if you will all rest patiently ... I will get these troubles under control.
In other news, I have moved 1,116 pages from my old wiki to my blog wiki, over a period of 9 weeks. It is difficult to ascertain how many pages I have left, because part of the copying process creates duplicates. Less than 150 I am sure at this point.
I have an exact number. I have 94 pages left to move.