Tuesday, November 15, 2011

25 Years Ago

As I wrap up the public half of my day, I wanted to say something about what day it is.  This is the 15th of November, 2011, and as such it is 25 years, today, that I got married to my first wife Michelle.

I was with Michelle for just over 12 years, and so we did have a tenth anniversary together, before her long illness finally separated us.

But as it happens, just three weeks ago I celebrated my tenth anniversary of being together with my present partner Tamara ... so that would have been my second time.  And somehow I managed to do them both in the same 25-year period.

It is a strange, strange world.  They have both loved me very much, which has probably been stranger.  I have loved them both very deeply.  I could not help myself.

2 comments:

christian said...

Quality post. I am sorry for your loss, but am pleased that you have once again found comfort.

Nine-toes said...

It is good to remember those we have lost, and it is good to remember those who still stick around despite knowing us very, very well.